Saturday, November 20, 2010

A Nanny speaks of Gratitude and Loss in the Spirit of Thanksgiving

Ever so often a Nanny will write me about her personal experience with a family. This one was particularly touching as a loss in the family takes place.

Dear Marta:
"Just want to let you know how grateful I am for you to continue to be offering these classes for Nannies and Housekeepers. In 25 years of working as a Nanny I never heard of an agency caring so much for the professional development of their domestic clients. Most of the time they just care about the paying client and not the nannies or the housekeepers.

I'm still working for the family that you placed me with almost 4 years ago next January).

As you probably know they had twins last June(boy and girl) but the baby girl passed away a week after she was born.It was the most difficult experience I ever went through as a Nanny cause I had to be very strong for Gigi and her new brother Jordan. That meant I had to put my chance to grieve for the loss of the little girl I was so looking forward to taking care of and be there for the family.

I was honored when they asked me to represent their grandparents in their daughter's funeral but it wasn't easy having to throw dust on the little casket cause I didn't get to see her and say goodbye. Last time I saw her she was a healthy little baby at the hospital.

I had lots of support from my family and friends and with the grace of God I was able to pull through to be emotionally strong and to be there for this wonderful family.

Gabriel is 3 years old now and is in school full time so I spent most of the day with the little guy who is now almost 5 months. What a joy he is!

These are the best kids I ever took care of. They tell me to leave on time but I just love them so much that it's hard to leave sometimes so I end up staying later.

In the spirit of thanksgiving this month I just want you to know how thankful I am for you placing me with this family. I still remember the day I called your agency and they told me there was no opening for a live out and only live-in. I asked if I could fill out an application anyway and your assistant said OK. I came in and as soon as I was done completing the form you called me into your office and told me that you had just got a call from your client and that you could send me on an interview with them that following Saturday.

I met with them that Saturday afternoon and I fell in love with the baby and their dogs at first sight and by Sunday afternoon I had a job offer from them. I was so happy. I knew it was the perfect job then. I was still working for another family so we had to wait a few weeks for me to get started.

Now it's almost 4 years and I continue to love my job. What a blessing to wake up in the morning and look forward to going to work. How many people can say that?

I am so thankful for God for giving me this job. And thankful he led me to your agency that day even though there was no live out open position.

That tells me something...

With God everything is possible...

Thank you again Marta for being so dedicated in your work and for caring for us Nanny so much.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and may God bless you with lots of joy and abundance."

Grace G.

http://www.martaperrone.com

No comments: